My Christmas day started at midnight between the 24th and 25th. I went to work with my dad at Free port Center to help keep him awake. While I was there, I finished my mom's Christmas present. It turned out really cute. Around 8am, I left Free port and went to my Nana's house. I spent most of the day there, celebrating Christmas with my Nana, Granddaddy, Mom, and my brother. Later in the evening, my brother came home to my Dad's house with me to celebrate with my dad.


When we got home, my dad was on the phone with my Grandma Bright. Apparently she was without power and heat for 14 hours that day. As soon as he hung up the phone, we were headed over to dig out their generator and warm up the house. It was about 8:30 before we could begin to feel heat. I felt so bad for their neighborhood. Most of the people who live around my grandparents are elderly and have no family. That means around 75 of the ruffly 100 people in that neighborhood were elderly, with no family, and had no power or heat for 14 HOURS on CHRISTMAS!!!! What a bummer!!! My brother stayed the night at my dad's house for Christmas. It went really well and I think my dad and brother both had a really great time.
Right after Christmas I became really sick. One day, I slept for 16 hours straight! I ended up at the doctors on Dec. 31. I was poked with so many times because they kept not getting enough blood or kept missing my veins. I was miserable. Later that night, my best friend MyKale and her bf Brandon came to visit me and my dad!- YAY!!! Brandon and my dad talked for quite a while about car stuff while Kale and I chatted about other things. They didn't stay until midnight; but it was the highlight of my night.
Now I'm back at work and school. It is weird to have such a tight schedule. I went from having almost 2 weeks with nothing to do; to having no time at all to get anything done. I already have 6 papers to write by Friday and I have no clue what my main topic or thesis is going to be on any of them.
I guess that is how life goes though. People have to rush to get everything done, just so they can make a decent living in this world.

No comments:
Post a Comment