Thursday, March 12, 2009

New 4 wheeler AND SPRING BREAK!!!!

Last Friday, I went to Triple S Polaris and I traded in my 2006 Sportsman 700 for a new 2008 Sportsman 800 Twin Touring Edition ATV!!! I love this 4 wheeler. It it about a foot longer and has a second seat on it. I also added a few things to it:

14 inch wheels and tires
Front and rear racks
Gun holder mount (left mount)
Semi hard case for the back
Fender bag
Handle bar warmers
Throttle Warmer
Full Front Brush Guard
Wench
Blue Head Lights
Rear Working Lights

It is totally tricked out! On Sunday my Dad, RJ, and I went 4 wheeling and I was able to see just how well my ATV could ride. I took out my second seat and placed Scooby (my German Shepherd) on the back. We road the trail a couple of times and then I took him up a big hill and down the other side. I'm not sure if he totally loved it; however, he tolerated it pretty well. I let my brother take a turn driving it and a turn riding in my second seat. He approves of it :)!

Later Sunday, my Dad and I took Cuyler (my oldest nephew) his birthday present. He turned 5 years old on March 3rd (I cannot believe he is that old! That means that I am just that much old-er!!!). My Dad and I bought him a whole bunch of baseball stuff. It wasn't expensive, but it is something to start out with. It all came inside a clear plastic bag that has a handle on it, so Cuyler can carry it like a one-strap backpack if he wanted to. Inside, there is a baseball tee that hooks to the home plate that is in there, there are 2 bats, 5 balls, and 1 glove. There is also a small 6 inch-ish devise that you place on the ground, put a ball on top of it, and press down until it clicks. The ball slowly starts rising and then the device pops it up into the air, so the batter can hit it.

I thought he would enjoy starting with the tee and working into the second device; however, Cuyler hits pretty well with the second device. He hit every ball! A couple of them went really far too. It's a good thing my sister has a big evergreen in her backyard that stops them, otherwise we might have lost a couple of balls. Cuyler loves baseball! And I believe he is going to be really good at it!

On another note...
This week was Spring Break for WSU. It was very refreshing to not have to go to classes or submit homework! Even though I did not go anywhere are do anything extraordinary, I have had a really good time. I needed some relaxation and time to catch up on other aspects of my life and Spring Break gave me that chance!

Starting again next week, School will start again... The good news is that I will only have 6 weeks left until Summer Break!!! :)

No comments: