Spring Semester is almost half way done!... I cannot believe that I have been juggling 24 credit hours for half a semester, and been good at it. I thought it would have been harder than this; however, the online classes seem to be going well so far.
My brother just transferred schools. He is no longer at Davinci; but is now a Lancer for Layton High School. I hope everything goes well. He really seems into the switch and has already made new friends. I can honestly say, "RJ is trying." He just wants to break all old ties and try again. It's going to be a new start and, hopefully, a good one!
As Mom and RJ came out of Layton High, RJ striked up a conversation. "Look at those kids!"
Mom, "what about them."
It broke my heart when RJ's response was "they are just normal kids. They aren't goths, brainiacs, or gang related. They are just normal... I want to be normal again!"
It was amazing how in depth RJ was already reading the school and the people surrounding him. He was so intrigued that teens could exist without being in a gang or looking as if they worshiped the devil all day, every day. For the first time in quite a while, RJ's face was lighting up with total bliss about something and I could look at him and see my little brother's soul shining from within!
It's amazing how sensory oriented teens are to different things. Also, it's very interesting how little details, like kids sitting on a lawn of a high school, stimulate the mind to create a truly genuine response.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hooray for you- 24 credit hours is a lot! And you don't talk about it like you did last semester. You seem to be doing really well.
I'm happy for RJ. He deserves a break. Poor kid really is trying, he just seems stuck. I hope this makes it easier on your family.
Post a Comment